Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mondaytitis on Tuesday.

A couple of weeks ago, when I did the grocery shopping, I bought a couple of bottles of Jacob's Creek wine. I do not drink, and as they were not out of reach budget wise, I thought it would be a nice gift for my mother. Last week before we went to Adelaide, I was talking to mum, and the subject of wines came up. I was able to ascertain without giving away my secret, that she hates that brand. I bought her a writing compendium and some Haigh's chocolates instead. She was very pleased to receive them. I was then left with the dilemma of what to do with the wine. I spoke to my younger sister, and she said, 'Send it over. I will be happy to have it.' I bought two new wine postpaks, and packed them up. I was in the post office yesterday, and asked for some customs declaration forms, and asked the post mistress about estimates for cost of sending them sea mail. She said it might be cheaper to send them in a double pak, rather than singly as they are going to the same address. I said I would come back another time and buy the double pak, as there was a queue, and I did not have time just then.
I went in again this morning and purchased the double pak. The guy who served me did not have his mind on the job. I posted a letter to Alison, and as I was about to leave, he grabbed the post pak and shoved it in to the shute for sorting. I was flabbergasted, and asked him what he thought he was doing, as it would go nowhere as it did not have an address on it, and it was empty!!! He was very embarrassed, and quickly retrieved it, and there was much laughter all round, though not from him. Some mothers do 'ave 'em.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

That would never have happened with Merv on the job.