Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dreary weather.

Today has been one of those drab, dank, damp, dreary overcast days, that look as though they are going to rain any time, but never do. They are not the sort of days to get washing dry. I did the washing over Sunday and yesterday, as it is too much for me now to do all at once. Anyway, I had unexpected guests and one can't desert them to do one's chores. The previous two days were, for a change, bright and sunny. It serves me right for not bringing the washing in last night. I now have to put some of it in the dryer.
Sue and I went out for our Tuesday sojourn, and accomplished quite a bit. I was not feeling all that flash, as I had woken up too early, and was unable to go back to sleep. I went back to bed at seven, but had not been there long, when my son rang me on the mobile. He asked if he had gotten me out of bed, and I said, in a manner of speaking, he had. I do love our chats.
I went back to bed after Sue left, but would have been lucky to have had ten minutes sleep. I will just have to take a pill tonight.
As it is Tax time here, it probably is world wide, I receive some letters and statements from companies I deal with, in case I have to lodge a tax return, and am eligible to receive a rebate on monies spent. (A chance would be a fine thing!) Today, I received a statement from my health insurance company. The thing I found amusing was, they have listed my date of birth on one page, and next to it my 'current certified age' which is six years younger that I am. Somebody, a. can't do simple maths, b. is not paying proper attention to details. I sent them an email to this effect and asked them to correct it. I was three years older than the age stated, when I joined!


No comments: