Friday, July 06, 2007

Thursday.

We went to Naracoorte yesterday, to do the fortnightly shopping. Neville dropped me off in the main street, as I had to do an errand for my daughter.
I then went to Target and put an electric blanket on lay by for myself. I am sick of freezing at night.
Then I walked up the hill to Woolworths and did the shopping. After that, I bought a local paper, and had a cappuccino in the Blacksmith's Cafe. Then I went and sat on one of the 'park' benches in the plaza. and read the paper while I waited for Neville. While waiting, an old school chum, who brings his 95 year old aunt to do the shopping, came and said hullo. I have met Edward the last three or four times I have been shopping there, and he always has a chat. I always liked him at school, though he was too shy to talk to many people then. He is a very nice bloke.
When Neville came back, we went to the pub for lunch as usual. I had steak and he had fish, which was very nice. After lunch I asked Neville if there was anything he needed to do before we picked up the groceries and he said no. Then he remembered he had told me about a Ford ute that is parked in a paddock, near our farm with a For Sale sign on it. He said it looked to be in good condition. He asked if I would like to have a look at it. We drove back out of town and he went and asked about it. He was given the key and he walked down the paddock and checked it out. The owners wife had phoned her husband, and Neville had spoken to him. The owner said it was a bit hard to start in the cold, but once it was going it was OK. Neville said it did take a bit to get it going, but ran alright. I asked him why it would be hard to start, and he said the valves could be in need of grounding and re-seating. I said we could be buying all sorts of trouble. He agreed. The guy wants $1,300 for it. It has done 200.000 klms. Neville thinks it is a late 1980's model. I don't think we will worry about it.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

There was quite a bit of interesting info there that you didn't tell me about earlier.

Susan Ham said...

Glad you thought it interesting. I thought in pretty mundane. I don't get the chance to tell you much when we chat, as I never know when you will call.