Sunday, July 08, 2007

Nice surprise.

Yesterday afternoon the phone rang, and when I answered it, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the voice of my brother-in-law, Lew. He asked me how I was, and said that he and his wife would be here in about 8 mins, and did I have the billy on, as they were coming for coffee. I knew they were traveling around the country, but had no idea they would be heading this way.They have bought a small motor home and they slept in that. They said it was not as cold here as it was in Millicent. They also said it had rained every day since they had left their home in Queensland. Today was the first sunny day so far.
They had been to Geelong last month, to the 70th birthday of another sister-in-law. We were not invited, which suited me, as I have never gotten on with her. They then traveled to Millicent, where they used to live, to visit friends. They were coming up from there yesterday, when Lew called.
We had coffee and sat around chatting. I had not seen them since March last year. In the evening, Lew asked us if we would like to go out for tea. I said that was very kind, and yes we would love to. He said he was paying. As I had not known they were coming, it was the only thing to do, as I had nothing prepared.We went to one of the pubs, The Railway Hotel.We had a lovely time and the meal was great. They were in no hurry to leave this morning, and when my daughter rang last night and told me she was coming down to do some shopping, they said they would stay so they could see them. Lew and Maureen had not met Riley or the new baby.
I did not know what time they would leave, and my brain was not working, as I had not given lunch any thought. I hastily did something about it at 11.30. I did not think it was much chop, but they said it was AOK, as they would normally have just had a sandwich. They left straight after lunch
Great to see them.They think our grandies are terrific, and I had some photos taken so I could finish off my film. I will get them put on disc as well as having prints made.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Send 'em over.

Susan Ham said...

Watcha mean? Photos or Maureen and Lew? Heh, heh.