Monday, April 30, 2007

Life's unfairness etc.

Today is the seventh birthday of my two eldest grandsons. Yu-Jin lives in Perth, W.A., so there was no chance we would see him today. I was very touched a couple of weeks ago, when he rang me for our usual Tuesday night chat. He said he knew we were a long way away, and we would not be able to come to his birthday, but he was asking me anyway, because he wanted me to know he wanted us there. Lovely boy.
On Friday, I was struck down with the 'dreaded lurgi'. This was two hours after, I had been to the doctor! Talk about 'Murphy's Law'. (Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.) Because of this, I was unable to go to Keith this arvo to see Lachlan for his birthday, either. My husband very obligingly went up there and took his gift, and some other things for Deb. I was most surprised and grateful that he did.
Hubby also walked down the street twice over the weekend, to buy me some lozengers, and again this morning, to buy some Senega & Ammonia cough medicine. It tastes terrible, but seems to be doing it's job. My sister in Wales asked if I could get some antibiotics, as the infection has settled on my chest. I said, by the time I could get in to see the doctor, I would be nearly better. I have slept most of the day, and had strange dreams. I will head back to the cot soon.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Get well soon. At least by the next family birthday. You make it a bit of a habit to be sick on special days - remember Christmas at Grandma's when you got the mumps?

Susan Ham said...

Don't mean to get sick at any time. You make it sound as though I do it on purpose. Fancy you remembering about the Mumps! I got them from you kids.