Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter.

Not a lot happened over Easter. We stayed home, as usual, partly because it is too dangerous on the roads. There is the Oakbank race meeting in the Adelaide Hills, and lots of people going there from all parts of the country. It is just another excuse for the 'Hooray Henries' etc to get plastered, and driving on our roads. Not good. Fortunately, our state was fatality free. I don't think we had any crashes, either.
We traveled to Keith on the Saturday arvo, to take the Easter eggs to our daughter and her family, and to see our beautiful grand-daughter. The boys were thrilled with their bags of goodies, and put them away in their room. I asked Riley(4) where he had put them. He said under his bed. I asked him why, and he said,'So the Easter Bunny can't find them and eat them.'
We stayed for three hours. I was in the kitchen talking to Pete and Deb and their friends, and talking to and mucking about with the boys. Spouse sat in the lounge and watched a movie called, Final Run, about a computerized locomotive, that had malfunctioned, and was hurtling towards a town and it's hospital. The late Robert Urich was the star, and of course, he saved the day.
My friend Sue came around several evenings and we played Scrabble. She is getting TOO good! She is beating me more and more, and by bigger scores. I have really honed my 'killer instinct,' as my son calls it, and it is no holds barred now! That's about it.folks. Not terribly inspiring I know.

No comments: