Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just William.

Well, folks, everybody is having a go at Ben Cousens, so, I will have my say about William.
It seemed to everyone, that he was going to make a match of it with Kate, but it is not to be. I do agree with his statement that he is too young to marry. He needs to grow up first!
She was obviously very much in love with him, but if as reported in the Press, he broke off their relationship in a phone call, then I think she has had a lucky escape. To do such a thing is just 'not cricket', as the saying goes, and I would have thought he had more integrity than that. I also thought he had more respect and consideration for her feelings, knowing that it would be all over the papers in a flash. He seems to have a backbone like a jellyfish, and has gone waaaay down in my estimation. His mother would have been horrified at such behaviour. He is turning into just another 'hooray Henry'. Yuk!
As for the report that the Queen had said to him that the monarchy could not tolerate another Diana rerun, I do not believe it. Why would a loving grandmother say such an unkind and insensitive thing to her grandson. She would not have couched it it such terms, but we have to remember that she is first and foremost, the Sovereign, and her 'business' is keeping the monarchy viable, and free from scandals. It has to be remembered that Diana was not alone in her marriage, so she should not be singled out for all the blame.
One of the letters in today's paper said, 'If Diana was not suitable for the royal family, then how is it that the scandalous Camilla, is? Charles did not marry the wrong woman, Diana married the wrong man.' I quite agree. I wish Kate all the very best for her life, and hope William does not live to regret this.

No comments: