Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Day In The Life Of ..........

Well, today has been pretty well packed, for me.
Nothing mind blowing, just ordinary.
First thing I did this morning was bring in the daily paper. Spouse made me a cup of tea, and I scanned the paper. I never read much of it, as there is too much to read, and not much of it is of interest to me. I mainly do the cross words. They give the old gray cells their morning workout.
Then, as it is my Daughter-in-Law's birthday, I tried to ring her, but got no answer. I have since learned she was in the shower, I sent her a text message and wished her a happy birthday. She sent back a text thanking me. I did one of the cross words, then checked my emails, while I cooked toast and two poached eggs for my breakfast. Then I had my shower and got dressed. I did most of the other cross word before I had to go down town and do some errands and get my hair trimmed. I paid off my lay-by, which consisted of a new bread maker and toaster. My bread maker is on the way out, and the toaster is useless. All that before lunch.
I had not finished my lunch, when my spouse said, "When are we leaving?" I said,"Leaving for where?" He said "Naracoorte." Now I will back track and fill you in dear readers.
Every week, on Tuesday, we get a discount sales pamphlet from a chain store, which has a small store in Naracoorte. This week they had men's, women's and children's sneakers for $9.95. When he brought it in with the mail, he said he should get a couple of pairs as he does a lot of walking. I said he should go today, as they do not get a lot of stock in, and if he waited until next week, when he goes down to the farm,they would be all sold. He said he would think about it. Nothing more was said. Last night I received some news, that threw me somewhat, and I spent a lot of time on the phone, talking to the person concerned, and others. Spouse went for his walk while I was on the phone. I was still on the thing when he came back, and he watched a bit of telly and went to bed. There was no communication between us, so I could hardly know that he was going to Naracoorte, could I? I told him I am not a mind reader and he needs to talk to me. He said he had told me last night. I informed him of the above, and knocked that on the head.
We bought the sneakers first, and it was as I surmised, there were only two pairs in his size.
I bought a couple of jump suits for my grand-daughter, then we went out to the farm. After he had ascertained when he would need to go down next week to water, he picked a few pumpkins. I walked down the fence line to look at the Tasmanian Blue Gums he has growing, and jokingly said,"I must have lost weight." He said "Why do you say that?" I said,"This skirt is nearly dragging on the ground!" The joke is of course, I HAVE lost weight! The skirt was always long, but not this long. I know, I know, I have a weird sense on humour.
We went back into Naracoorte to Woolworths, and I bought a few things, for my daughter, my friend and myself. Then I bought myself a drink and we filled the car with petrol and came home. Not awe inspiring, but busy for us.

No comments: