Sunday, April 01, 2007

I, have had a busy day!

I started the day by doing the washing. Then, I emptied the fridge and defrosted it, and roped my spouse into cleaning it out, as I can not do that. Then I made Aberdeen Sausage. This is a steamed meat loaf, which has been a favourite of my family for years. We used only to have it a Christmas, but we love it so much any time of year is OK by us. I made two, and Deb took the smaller one. As there are fresh bread crumbs in the mixture, I had to make a new loaf, as I used the last of the one I made yesterday. In between putting out loads of washing, I mucked around on the computer. Then I realized it was lunch time and I had nothing ready, so I grabbed some crumbed fish and corn fritters out of the freezer, and put them on to cook. I had tomato, cucumber and beetroot with mine. Yum! I put a turkey leg roast on to cook in 'george'(George Formby roaster.) and was just about to have a catnap. when, to my great surprise, and delight, our daughter and her baby daughter arrived, totally unexpectedly. Deb said she had come to do some shopping. They were in Adelaide yesterday, trying to buy clothes for them all. Not a lot of luck there, it would seem. Deb walked straight over to her father and put Willow in his arms. He did not show one iota of interest in the baby. He hasn't shown any since she was born. It must be very hurtful for all of them. This is the first time he has seen her. While Deb was shopping, I had 3/4 of an hour catnap. I had just woken up, when she and Willow returned. Deb fed the baby, and asked how long she had been shopping, and I said no more than an hour. She said it must be more relaxing with just the baby, as it didn't seem that long.
After they departed, I roped my spouse into helping me get the washing in, then we had tea. It might not seem like much work, but my gammy knees think otherwise.

No comments: