Thursday, December 27, 2007

Time with the grandies.

Today has been quite a pleasant day, one way and another. Weather wise it was not too hot, but it is bound to heat up soon, as all our weather comes from the west, and it has been scorching over there.
Our daughter and her children arrived just as we were about to go down the street to do a few jobs. She said the boys wanted to stay with us, so I said they could come with us. They thought that was a nifty idea, and jumped in to our car.They had not ridden in it before.
While we were waiting for Neville to come and drive us, Riley asked me if Yu-Jin had a Nanna. I said, "Yes, he does." "Who is she?" I said, "Me." "How come?" So, I explained the situation to him, and told him he also has a grandmother in Korea. I said she is Auntie Miky's mother. "Who's Aunite Miky?" I explained she is married to Uncle Mark, his mum's brother. As they have never met, it is not surprising he was puzzled.
We drove down town and I took the boys to the post office so they could post a letter each. Then they came with me when I withdrew some money from my credit union account. We drove down the street a bit and while I went in to the newsagent's and bought a magazine, Neville took them to the play ground for a few minutes and I went back to the car. When I looked through the magazine, I noticed an advert for another mag and decided to buy that too. I locked the car and went back to the paper shop. One of the owner's children served me. The mag cost $5.75. I gave her $20.00 plus the 75 cents. She gave me $13.00 change. I asked her if she had run out of $5.00 notes, she said no, she hadn't. I said that she had given me the wrong change. She should have given me $15.00, as I had given her the extra 75 cents. She corrected her mistake. Gotta watch these kids.
The chaps came back soon after, and they were hot, as they had been mucking around with their Pop. I suggested we go and get a drink. They thought that was a good idea, so we drove to one of the bakery cafes. I asked them if they would like a milk shake, and they said they would. We decided on flavours and Lachlan said he would like something to eat. He said he would like a finger bun. There were no finger buns. He settled for a chocolate Eclair. When we finally got our milkshakes, we went back to the car. Riley put his drink on the seat while he did up his seat belt. Yes, dear reader, it fell over and started to leak on to the seat. Thankfully, I had a blanket on the seat and not much leaked out before I noticed it.
We drove back home and they asked if they could play a game on the computer. I booted it up, and they had not been playing long, when their mum came back for them. It hardly seemed like five minutes, but must have been an hour or more they were with us. It was something different for them anyway.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Bit of country hospitality there.