Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just feeling a bit smug, I are!

With the prices of all commodities skyrocketing,( it's because of the drought, don't you know?) one needs to make adjustments where one can. Fruit and veg are a case in point. Neville took me to the super market this morning so I could buy 1/4 of a cabbage to make Coleslaw for lunch. I was annoyed to see that the price for a 1/4 and a 1/2 was the same. 0.99. That is not a bad price for a half but not the two. I looked in the trolleys where they put slightly older, but still quite good fruit and veg, to see if there was a cabbage in them. I was pleasantly surprised to see there was a half cabbage, slightly brown, but still OK, for 0.50, so I grabbed it. I also bought some small red potatoes, as I like them better than white varieties. All up, it cost me less than $4.00. So,as this doesn't happen very often, you can understand why I am feeling a bit smug.

No comments: