Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thanks be to God, I have found them!

For the last three weeks I have been slowly going out of my mind as I could not find two gift vouchers I had purchased along with my Christmas hampers. I had 'put them in a safe place'. This usually means, I never see them again, or, not for many months or maybe years. As I have very poor eyesight, this adds to my dilemma.
I was not able to go back to sleep after I had made my semi nocturnal visit to the loo, as my leg was giving me gyp, so, after about an hour of thrashing around, I decided to get up, at about 5.15 am, and make a start on rearranging furniture, to accommodate my Perth family, when they come over next month.I will not be shifting furniture, I will rope my spouse into that caper.
I have boxes and much paper to go through and shred or keep, and I am going to get the chest of drawers moved so I can put a bed in here for my grandson. I was clearing the stuff off the top of it, when I looked in box of envelopes, and Voila, there were the vouchers I have been frantically looking for. I cried with relief, as I thanked God for showing me where they were.

No comments: