Friday, December 14, 2007

They are coming thick and fast!

I am referring to the 'senior' moments. Last evening, I was having a Nanna nap, when my mobile rang. Now, I must tell you folks, I have recently purchased a new one, and I am not yet accustomed to it's ring tone for incoming calls. Being asleep did not help either, as I was slightly disorientated, and thought for a few seconds it was the radio.
Coming quickly to the realization it was the phone, I answered it. I was very pleasantly surprised to hear my Perth based grandson's voice.
Without any preamble, he said, "This is Yu-Jin. Grandma, why did you send me a Christmas card with no writing in it?" I just laughed, and said, "I am sorry sweetie, I did the same thing to Riley & Lachlan." "I thought I had written in them."
Here's the low down on the story. As it is our only grand daughter's first Christmas, and I always send the grandies cards, I bought a musical one for Willow, but non musical ones for the three boys. I wrote in Willow's, as I intended to put a Target gift card in it for her, I did not address it, as I was going to give it to her on Christmas Day. Instead, I gave the gift card to Deb as she was going to a large town the next day, and she was able to buy some clothes for her. I had stuck address labels on the boys . Because of that fact, I wrongfully assumed I had written in their cards, and sealed them and posted them last week. My son said recently, he can't wait for the time I do become a senior citizen to see how often I goof! It won't be long by the look of things.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Sounds like you're well on the way. I'm probably not too far behind you.