Monday, December 17, 2007

What do you want for Christmas, Grandma?

I was delighted to receive another phone call from my Perth Grandson yesterday. I usually only get one, and that is on Tuesday night, after his martial arts class. However, he has been unwell this week, so did not go. He rang me last Thursday to ask why I had not written in his Christmas card, so this call was a bonus.
Yu-Jin gets right down to tin tacks, no mucking about. "Hullo, this is Yu-Jin. Grandma, Dad wants to know what you would like for Christmas." Without hesitation, I said I would like a new mouse mat with a gel cushion to rest my wrist on, as my hand is getting very sore. "Can you tell dad that now?" "Hey, Dad, Grandma wants........." This was yelled at his father while he still had the phone close to his mouth and my ear! I love the innocence of children and their naturalness, Pity we lose it as we grow up.
I asked Yu-JIn if he had written in his Christmas card, and he said he hadn't. I said I would write him a short letter and post it, and he could stick it in the card. I wrote an email and tried to print it, but it did not print all of it, so I sent the thing and asked my son to print it so Yu-Jin could put it in his card. What a rigmarole!
I will just have to wait and see what transpires. I checked out the mouse mats on the internet, and some of them are quite expensive. Some are very cheap.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Would you like a left-handed one or a right-handed one?

Striped paint to go with that?

Susan Ham said...

I will leave it all to your discretion, dearie!