Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

This year's celebration was sort of dumped on me at the last minute.
On Sunday, my daughter rang and asked if they could come here for the day. I said it was OK, just so long as I had some help with the lunch, as I am having trouble with my knee and am still hobbling a bit and in pain. My daughter leaves everything till the last minute. This is not my style.
We decided that we did not want a roast dinner, and plumped for a B.B.Q instead. I asked her to make a green salad and a potato salad. I made a Coleslaw and we had the chops and snags here.
Christmas Eve, Neville had to buy a new hose for the gas cylinder, as the one that came with the B.B.Q has a regulator on it and would not let the gas through very fast. It took 2 hours to cook something that should have taken 20 minutes, because the hot plate did not get very hot.This time, it worked a treat.
Our daughter and her family arrived about 11.50 am, and we got the lunch on the table. It was a very relaxed time, and I really enjoyed Christmas for once. After lunch I gave the children their gifts and the boys were very excited and pleased with them.
I gave Riley a Cars Lego furniture truck, which his brother put together for him. Lachlan only has one hand to do things with and he manages very well. I also gave Riley a Target gift card, and he was waving it around excitedly telling his mum he had a credit card.I said he had better give it to mum to look after, so he did not lose it. This he did.
I had had to wrap one of Lachlan's gifts in bubble wrap, as it was only in a display box, and if I had wrapped it as was, it would have ripped the paper. When I was picking up the paper to dispose of it, Pete said I should give the bubble wrap to Willow to play with. I balked at the idea because it is plastic. He said it was not a plastic bag, though. I took all the sticky tape off it ang gave it to her to play with. I had given her a Glo Bear as well. She was much more interested in the bubble wrap, and more so when Riley started popping the big bubbles. She laughed and laughed at the noise and his silly antics. She absolutely hero worships those boys.
At around 2.30, Pete came in and said they had to leave as he had forgotten to take his anti Histamine tablet, and he was having a reaction to something outside. As he suffers from Asthma, I did not argue about it, though I was disappointed they could not stay longer, as we hardly ever get to see the children.
All in all it was a very pleasant day. The weather was kind to us too. I think it was only 25c. Just a nice Spring day, though it is Summer.

No comments: