Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Gross inefficiancy

For nearly three months, I have been paying off a digital camera and printer dock , which is a 30th birthday gift for out daughter, at a big variety store in Adelaide. I have abided by all the layby rules, and had the cheques sent well in advance of the next due date. After I sent the final payment, with instruction as to who I wanted to deliver it, I recieved a phone call from one of the staff, two weeks ago, when the cheque arrived. She asked if I wanted to use the carrier I had specified, or one they use. I said mine, so she rang them, only to discover that they don't do pick ups from Adelaide. She then said she would organise one of their own to deliver it. She also said that I would have to send a further cheque to cover the cost of freight. This was duly done that day. I have been expecting it to be delivered this week. I got another phone call from them today, with some guff about a privay act that every customer had to read and sign before they could dispatch any goods. He read it to me and said he had the last two cheques and would deal with the transaction himself. Later, I received a letter from this store, telling me that the last payment was overdue, but they had extended my layby period for another two weeks. I rang them this afternoon, only to discover that the reason for the delay and the strong possibility that I could lose the goods, was because the girl didn't know how to cash the cheque, and had thought someone else would do it! I said to the young lady I hoped that the girl in question had been told a few home truths, and that I could not afford to lose something that cost $300.00 through no fault of mine. It would be entirely unjust and unfair. I said that as a pensioner, I could not have paid outright, and by the time I had, the goods would not have been at such a bargain price. It would be just too much of a disappointment as they are for my daughter's birthday. She checked the computer, and said it was no longer an active layby, so must have been dispatched. I can assure them, if it is not here by Monday, there will be ructions in the camp!! Why don't these young people use their brains and consider how they would feel in the same circunstances?
Poor Queen Elizabeth, she can't win! The papers are going to make a meal of her not attending 'the wedding' I fully understand why she won't attend. Besides, she has beeen there, done that, got the T shirt. And why the hell should she have to pay for the reception? Charlie's got enough ready cash to cover it!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Bit of feeling it that post. He he.