Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Makes me tired thinking about it!

I have just read today's addition on the Frugal Bastard, & it reminded me of a time , which seems very long ago indeed, when I rode a bicycle. I don't know how I managed it, but one day my friend Mary, who is about 10 years my senior, & I rode to the hamlet six miles from here, called Mundulla. We hadn't planned to go that far, when we got there, we decided to ride down a back road to see what we could see. We finished up riding over twenty miles before we got home. I couldn't sit down let alone ride, for days afterwards! I think Yu-Jin is very game for a nearly five year old. He will certainly be fit and no wuss. I miss the freedom bike riding gave me, as I have never had a driver's licence, either. Eyesight no good.
#1 son must get the tendancy to make anagrams out of number plate letters etc, from me. I do that , but nothing as interesting as his efforts.
Another thing I love is beautiful old buildings, especially if they have some history. My Great-Great Grandfather Gray was a mason, and built, or oversaw the building of, many of the buildings in Gawler in the 1800s. A lot of his handiwork is still in use today. I have seen some of them.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

To think that I have to read your blog to find out things about our family!