Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I'm baack!

Is it just me, or do other Baby Boomers feel affronted, & caught on the back foot, when total strangers from businesses ring you and address you by your first name. By the time I have realised the lack of courtesy & good etiquette, it is too late to do anything about it. Most people don't mean anything by it, but I was brought up in a very different era , and find it mildly disconcerting, to bloody rude. Another thing that gets my dander up, is when people ring and totally ignore my status as a wife, and ask for my husband . The fact that he is the person they wish to speak to not withstanding, ackowledgement of my existance at least, would be nice.
Why can't tele marketers ring you during the day? I guess the answer is , because they know they are more likely to get somebody to answer the phone in the evening. But why is it always just as you sit down to tea? !

No comments: