Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What happened to Summer?

Not that I am complaining mind you, as I have said in a past blog, I hate the hot weather, but this is supposed to be our hottest month. We have had rain forcast for days, but that has not realy eventuated either. With all the techno aids they have for forcasting weather, they seldom get it right. It seems that we are going into Autumn early. Having said that, we will probably get a heatwave next week.
In an editorial yesterday, one journalist was lambasting Prince Charles for not putting Adelaide on his itinery. As one who used to have great admiration for him, I am glad he is not coming here. I cannot for the life of me, understand why anybody would want to meet him. What useful purpose does he serve? His 'skills' as a parent are nonexistent. He needs to pull Harry into line before he self destructs. He seems to leave the 'heavy' stuff to his aides, and is more interested in huntin' , shootin' & fishin' & some charitable work. I don't think the monarchy will last much after the present sovereign has shuffled off this mortal coil. I think they should all work for their bread and butter, except, when they become monarch.

No comments: