Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Gross incompetance, Pt.2

Well, since my last post, I have had to deal with more incompetance and indifferance from the store where I purchased my daughter's digital camera. Three weeks ago, I had a phone call from them, and the girl said she had my final payment cheque, and asked me which freight courier I would like them to send it with. I had specified one, and she asked if I would like her to ring them, or use one that they use. I asked her to ring the one I had specified, and if they didn't charge more that $10.00, to go with them. She called me back and said that courier service did not pick up parcels from Adelaide, and said she would send it by Australia Post. She said I had to send a further cheque for the coverage of postage. This I duly did that day. Last Wednesday I recieved another call from them to tell me that my two cheques were still sitting in the office, but the guy said he was about to process them. This was almost two weeks AFTER the date to finalise the layby!! Shortly after this call, Neville brought in the mail, which consisted of a letter from this store, telling me that my layby was over due to be paid, but they had extended the time for me. I rang them and the girl checked for me and said that it was not an active layby anymore, so it must have been sent to dispatch. I asked why the cheques had not been processed, and she said the first girl had not known how to, and, and thought someone else would do it. When the camera had not arrived by Monday, I rang them again to ascertain it's whereabouts. The young man said he would look into it for me and ring me back.
After waiting a further hour, with no phone call, I again had to ring them, and this time I got a very helpful young lady who told me that it was still there!!!! She said she would ring the bus company and try to get it on the next bus out, which was the next day. She said that if no-one could take it into the city, she would take the darn thing in herself.
I explained that I don't drive, and that my husband would not be home until after 5pm. the next night. She rang me just before lunch and said she had rung the bus depot and the one here. She said it did not matter what time I went out to collect it, as it is open 24/7.
We duly went to the bus depot, and Hallelulia, it was there! Shelley, the competant girl at the store, apologised for 'the stuff up' and said they had never had anything like that happen before. I hope somebody was taking notes, and it never happens again.

Charles & Cammilla.

It would appear that she is totally shocked by the hostility she had recieved since the announcement of the wedding, She thought that people would have 'forgiven' them and be ready to accept her. She has by all accounts, told Charles to call off the wedding, as it has become a nightmare, and is not turning out how she wanted it to. People have very long memories.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Onya mum. Get stuck into them. Perhaps you should name the company. Shame is so good for a business to experience.