Thursday, March 17, 2005

Let's hear it for Grandparents!

Well, most of them anyway. Mine weren't all that crash hot, and my children have only known a maternal and paternal grandmother. My daughter particularly has keenly felt the lack of a grandfather. Now she has two boys, and the eldest, Lachlan, is wanting to spend more time with Pop, she is only too happy to acceed to his request. It is pretty boring for a nearly five year old to drag around with Mum & Nan when we do the fortnightly grocery shopping. Today Lachlan went to a clearing sale with Pop, and had a great time. It was a new experience for him.
It is wonderful that his Pop is so willing to take him with him,as he didn't do very much with his own children, and I know they have regrets about that. So do I! Neville was going to try to buy an old header, but finished up buying a mister sprayer! I think he only wanted the diff shaft off it and could have paid $10.00 for one, but it was with a header and the farmer wouldn't let them be sold separately. He only got $10.00 for the lot! Men's thinking begger's belief sometimes.


1 comment:

Hammy said...

After having a kid of my own I don't know if I want to be a grandparent. I guess grandparents don't have to put up with the tantrums and trouble that goes with childhood.