Monday, March 01, 2010

Cain't stop laffin'

It is just as well I have a very finely honed sense of the ridiculous,weird sense of humour to the uninitiated.
Yesterday,after church, I was having a coffee and talking to one of my friends,when another lady came over and spoke to us. She then procceeded to lift the hem of my skirt, ever so slightly, and addressed her remarks to the other lady.
Conversation went something like this,
first lady," Isn't this a nice shade of green? I have been admiring it all morning" ( why was she not paying attention to the pastor????)
Second lady, "Yes,it is. Not too dark or too pale.Very nice indeed."
First lady,"Hmmm, yes.Very nice. Nice fabric too." It is not a new skirt I have had it for about four years and worn it many times to church.
Neither of them addressed one word to me and it made me feel like a store Manniquin!!
I have been laughing about it ever since.My friends at Bible study this morning laughed heartily too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How rude of them!