Friday, March 05, 2010

Wish I could remember.

Yesterday, as we were about to take the groceries to the car, I bumped into an old school chum. He is a really nice guy, and we do not always see each other. He said hullo and pointed to a very large chap, who was sitting on one of the benches in the mall forecourt. He said to me, "I bet you don't remember this guy." I looked at the man and said, I did not know him. Edward said "No, and he could not place you either untill I told him who you were." Edward said we had all been at Padthaway Primary School together. He told me the other chap's name and I do remember his mum and dad, but not him or his siblings. Funny thing is, absolutely EVERYBODY remembers my elder sister, but they can never recall me. I obviously did not make an impression! I had quite a long chat with Robeert S, and we recalled quite a few other people we had known back in the late 1950's I do not remember much of my school days, as it was not the happiest time for me.When I rang my brother and related this to him, he brought back a lot of people's names I had forgotten.

No comments: