Friday, March 19, 2010

Pet peeve #7

I did not think when I started to write these, that there would be very many. But, there seems to be another one every so often.
My 'beef' this time is people who ring wanting to speak to my husband,and do not identify themselves, or ackowledge me in any way. I get VERY ticked off with these ignorant people.
It happened again tonight. This person had rung on Wednesday evening and asked to speak to him. I said "I am sorry, he is not here. He has just gone for his walk." She said she would call Thursday morning, but I told her we would not be home untill the afternoon, and would she please ring after 3 pm.
She did not ring yesterday. When she called tonight she just said, after I had answered with,'Hullo, H.. house' that she wanted to talk to Mr H.. I asked her who was calling and said who she was. I told her I did not think hubby would be able to hear on the phone. [He is fairly deaf.] But I gave it to him and he heard her quite well!!!
I do WISH people would learn how to make a call, and answer the phone.

No comments: