Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's a pup, you bloody idiot!

I had a doctors appointment this morning at 11.10. I was on time and the receptionist told me there were two people in front of me and if I waited, it would be about half an hour. I usually ring about ten minutes before the appointed time, to ascertain how late the doc is, and take it from there. I had a theory that as they book about four people for each appointment, if you ring first, they can tell you anything they want and put someone else in before you. It became academic today, as I had to wait about 65 mins and FIVE people went in before me, and the doctor came out and called each one! I came out at nearly 12.25. I had other things I needed to do, but had to postpone them as we needed to get home for lunch, as it is not a good idea for a diebetic [my spouse] to go too long without food.
When we went back down town, I had to go to two banks for different errands. As I was about to enter the ANZ, I heard a young bloke calling his dog. I looked around, but could not see it. I turned around to walk through the door, and stopped as there was an adorable black Labrador pup sitting in the way, wanting to play. I stood still so as not to make it harder for it's owneer to catch it. He kept calling it, but, as the pup is only about two to three months old,it has not learned to come on command yet. The owner had to come past me to pick it up. As he was leaving I told him he should have it on a lead. That is when he abused me and said, "I'ts a pup, you bloody idiot!' I do not know this person from 'Adam', but there is no excuse for his behaviour.
The young ladies in the bank heard him and agreed there was no excuse for what he said, and one of them said he would be the 'bloody idiot' when he has a squished dog!
I do not konw if the local by-laws pertaining to dogs having to be on a lead if they are in the town precincts, apply to pups, but it makes sense to start training them as soon a possible.


1 comment:

Hammy said...

Well, you told him. But I don't think he was smart enough to know. Can't say that you did anything wrong.