Thursday, March 18, 2010

I didn't do it!

'Mr not me's' cousin has surfaced in our house. When the kids were small, if asked who had done something, they invariably said, 'not me'.
Last week, after I had made a loaf of bread, I did what I always do, and put the pan in the sink and half filled it with water.I do this each time so any bread that comes away on the mixing paddle, does not go hard, thereby making it difficult to remove when it is washed.
Hubby went to the farm again on Thursday and Friday. He had things to do and he wanted to go to a clearing sale in a nearby town, as he was hoping to buy a second hand twin disc plough.
It is himself who does the dishes, as I can not stand for very long
He did the dishes on Saterday morning, and asked me later where the thing was, as he had not seen it after he had done the dishes. I wanted to make another loaf of bread, but the paddle was no where to be found.
He returned to the farm this Monday and Tuesday. When he came home Tuesday arvo, I told him I could not find the paddle, and could not make bread. I have another bread maker and had tried to make bread, but it was a total flop for some reason.
He said 'I' must have put the thing somewhere! Moi? I explained the above to him, and said I NEVER remove the darn thing, it is left up to him. He said it might be in the rubbish bin, or the icecream bucket that we put food scraps in for a friend's chooks. He duly went through both of them, to no avail.
I, meanwhile, was praying for help to find it, as that bread maker is the best I have used. This morning, it occured to me to look in the cutlery drawer. Voila! There is was, in with the tea spoons!!! I said, 'thank you Lord'
As HE, [hubby] puts the cutlery away, he had obviously put it in without noticing.
In typical male fashion he would not acknowledge the obvious. Hence the title.
Was it a 'senior moment' I wonder?

2 comments:

Hammy said...

That's funny.

Susan Ham said...

I thought so.