Saturday, March 06, 2010

Weight loss firms, what a rip off!

I will no doubt, cop some flak from people who disagree with that statement. I am willing to be proven wrong, if, and only if, it can be itemised and leave no doubt that it is money well spent and not really expensive.
I am still struggling with the excess baggage, and contacted a well known firm, that I have previously joined, to ascertain how much it costs, availability of meals, (they deliver to the country)etc. I had sent them an email last weekend, and they finally contacted me Thursday.I was in the process of buying my L-A-Z Boy recliner. I had gone out to tell #1 spouse I had bought it, and to ascertain when he would be able to bring it home, and my mobile was ringing.I had left my bag in the car for him to mind, as I had not intended to buy anything.
It was a lady from said company. I said I was unable to take the call right then, and would she be able to call me in about an hour and a half, as I would be home then.
She said that would be OK. We were home over two hours when she called back. This company no longer has a branch in Mt. Gambier, they operate from Adelaide.She told me they have an arrangement with IGA/Foodland in some country towns,so that their customers can pick up their weekly/ fortnightly meals.
The cost of the meals, even for a pensioner, are prohibitive at $280.00 pf, and the closest town for me to get them is Penola, which is 160 miles round trip. It would add quite a bit to our fuel consumption too. Not to mention the inconvenience. She said they are looking in to getting this agreement with our local Foodland super market, but even at the reduced cost of $100.00 a week, it is still a no go for me.Guess I will have to battle on by myself.Ho Hum!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Are you joking? We eat some pretty healthy food and a family of three can happily survive on $280/fortnight. Don't get caught up with these guys. They don't so much as organise a program for you to lose weight but organise a program for you to spend money. A rip off indeed.