Friday, March 05, 2010

It's NOT fair!

My daughter and her family came here today as it is there shopping day. The boys were with them, and I was a bit surprised as it is a school day. It is school sports day too. and as the eldest was away sick last week and could not participate in the trials for sports day events, he was not included in any. I am not sure why the younger one was not picked, but he was here too.
Both boys and their sister wanted to stay with us while mum and dad did the grocery shopping.
Li'l sis was NOT impressed when I said I had a hair appointment, and she would not be able to come this time. I explained we do not have a booster seat in our car, and mum and I tried to make her understand why she could not come with me this time. She was told to get in the car but she folded her arms, stamped her foot and said, "It's not fair!" She is not quite three.
I know how she felt, but it is part of growing up. In the end, only the younger boy stayed and we went down town a bit eairlier so I could buy some nuts.
Nuts to that! I took one look at the prices and dropped them pronto! Mum and dad were just going through the checkout, so R stayed with them and I scooted off to my hair appointment.

No comments: