Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Mystery of the Disappearing Egg Lifter.

I have no doubt this is not of the calibre for 'the little grey cells' of Hercule Poirot, but , it is a mystery nonetheless.
I have this 'good fairy' who washes the dishes, but, he has an annoying habit of putting the utensils in the WRONG place. I have not been able to prevail upon him to change his bad habits, either.
He just gets grumpy and 'spits the dummy'.
This week, the egg lifter has vanished without a trace. We have a plastic one for use with Teflon coated pans, but this is the steel one. He usually leaves the utensils on the bench so as to avoid my wrath, but the egg lifter has apparently grown legs and walked!
I have even looked in the frying pan in the cupboard, nada!
I daresay it will turn up when I am not looking for it as most things seem to.
Watch this space.

No comments: