Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Confusion reigns, or, just another 'senior' moment?

It is not to be wondered at if people get confused with anything to do with me and my mate Sue and our spouses. The trouble lies in the fact both husbands are called Neville, and Sue is Suzanne, and I am Susan. There is a third couple in the district with the same names.
Sue and her son had to journey to Naracoorte today for medical reasons. My Neville took the opportunity to drive the tractor back to the farm, and get a lift back with them today, as it was a lovely fine day.
Now, as I have recently reported in this space, my spouse is not at all technologically minded, and it has taken years to get him to have a mobile phone, which he STILL leaves home when he goes out or to the farm.
He nearly did it again this morning but I made sure he had it with him, as Sue needed to ring him to know where and when to pick him up. Actually, her son was driving as Sue has a broken wrist.
This is where the confusion comes in to play. She told me with much hilarity when they arrived here, that she had tried to ring him and he would not answer. She knew about my anxiety on Monday, and naturally wondered if he HAD forgotten it.
She was most surprised when her Neville rang and asked why she had been calling him. Sue hotly denied it but he said he had two missed calls from her. Then the 'penny dropped', and she realized she had been ringing the wrong Neville!!! And she does not have defective eyesight like me, either! Tch, tch, tch. I dunno.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Classic. And she's just reached the seniors club too!

Susan Ham said...

Not quite. She is younger than I.