Monday, September 08, 2008

I thought, 'I'm gonna die!'

We traveled to Naracoorte today. Not our usual shopping day, but Neville had a second dental appointment, and as it was with the school dentist, they only do health card holders on Mondays. I got him to drop me off in town as I had some other errands to do before I did the shopping. Neville had to go to the farm and round up the sheep so he could drench them after he had been to the dentist. I did not fancy sitting around in the car for hours.
I got to the super market by 11.30 am and was finished by 12.30. I thought he said he would be back in town by then. I sat waiting with the groceries for 2 hours. I decided to have something for lunch at 1pm, and started to think by 2pm that he had gone home and forgotten about me. I tried ringing his mobile, as, once again he had left it home! I thought, 'If he answers, he is dead!.' He finally arrived at 3pm.
I said I had to return to Target to finish an errand for our daughter. I also had to go back to the music shop so I could speak to the proprietor about some items she was ordering for me.
I walked to the end of the street so as to meet Neville, and, I looked for traffic coming around the corner, nothing. Then, as I got to the middle of the road, a medium sized truck came barreling around the corner and I had to jump back to the other side, as there was no way I could have made it in front of him. That is when I momentarily thought it was 'curtains' for me. Steaming great pillock!!!

No comments: