Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Attack of the Killer Spiders.

A week ago, my mate Sue,fell and broke her wrist. As she has a husband who is legally blind, she has to do the driving. She can't do that for at least six weeks, so, he son is supposed to. He does not surface until midday most days, so there is a problem.
He was supposed to drive us down town yesterday for our coffee morning. Sue could not budge him, and rang me at 10 am to say she would come if and when he 'rose from the ashes', so to speak.
As Neville had come home early from the farm, I suggested we pick her up. Sue was surprised to hear he was home. He was about to have his 'elevenses', so I said I would ring once on the mobile to let her know when we were coming.
We duly picked her up and I had to 'belt her up' and we got Neville to drop us off down town. I got out of the car and put my hand on the top of the door to close it and something tickled me. I looked and let out a scream. Not too loud you understand, as I did not want to frighten anyone. There was a Huntsman spider on the door.
I am PHOBIC about spiders, and was therefore not at all pleased. I knocked it off with my hand bag, and killed it. I probably could have let it go, but, Sue is just a phobic about them as I, and was NOT getting out of the car until she knew it was dead. It certainly got my pulse rate up, I can tell you. Yuk!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expect to see more, it is warming up and they love trees because there are so many bugs living in them. If you could get dad to get rid of the other ford, he could park it in the shed instead of under the trees!

Susan Ham said...

e tried to get him to fix the Fairlaine and sell it, but he won't budge!Guess I will have to be more vigilant when I get in the car.

Hammy said...

So that's what handbags are for?

Susan Ham said...

Well, that depends on what kind of 'handbag' you are referring to.You are a bloke, so how would you know what they are used for?