Monday, September 22, 2008

Finances, what finances?

i do not pretend to know anything about fiscal matters, apart from the fact mine are in short supply. Still, I have enough to pay my way.
I have for many years had a credit card for use with my Myer/Ezybuy account. I have not bought anything for ages because,a: I do not need anything, b: their prices are out of my budget reach.
The company that redeems their debts is well known and I have been told to be careful where they are concerned.
This morning, I received a phone call from said finance company, asking if I remembered receiving the letter that was sent to me recently. I said I did. The young woman then asked if there was anything she could help me with. I asked for more particulars, and she mentioned their Personal Loans. I told her that as I am on a pension, there is no likelihood I could afford one even if I wanted one. She thanked me for my time and hung up.
I know that things in the money market are a bit iffy of late, but is it necessary to tout for business like this?

2 comments:

Hammy said...

I'd be concerned if a financial institution was calling me to offer me a personal loan. Sounds like normal greedy business practice but a bit dodgy on their behalf. They should be more concerned about lending to the people who are asking for loans.

Glad you didn't get sucked in.

Susan Ham said...

You know me, I ain't just a pretty face.