Monday, September 01, 2008

Dopplegangers.

It has been said many times, that we each have a double. I have yet to meet mine, and feel exceedingly sorry for her, whoever she is.
Last Monday we were in Naracoorte as The Man About the House had a dental appointment.
Our daughter and her husband and little girl were there as well.
I did not expect to see her because of the nature of her business.
We were sitting in the car, waiting for her to call me, when a car pulled up along side us. Now, I have mentioned before that I have very poor eyesight, but my husband does not. When the car pulled in next to us, he said, "Look, here she is now." I was about to step out of the car to speak to her, and was surprised when the young woman ignored me and went down the nearby alleyway.
Then we laughed with relief that I had not made a faus pas.Phew!!
The girl was a 'dead ringer' for our daughter. You would think that her father would recognize his own daughter. Hmm!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Could just be another senior's moment.