Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spare me from managing, organizing interfering females!

This morning, I had to purchase a few things at the super market. I forgot them yesterday when Sue and I went to Naracoorte and did our shopping. Broccoli was on special, just for today, @ $1.99 Kg. I had thought it was not too bad at $2.99 earlier in the week, and intended to buy in bulk and put it in the freezer. I love it, but the man about the house is not keen on the bought variety.
I did not have much else and put it all in the one insulated carry bag I had. As I had bought nearly 3Kgs of broccoli, I intended to put the bag in the trolley, so kept it near me. An older woman, who I have never seen before, came in after me and put her few things on the check out. Then to my amazement pulled my trolley and put it at the end of the check out. Now, normally I would have done nothing about it, but this time I thought, what a cheek! I asked her 'How do you know I don't want it anymore?' She said, 'Well, you only have a small bag.' I said, 'That is not the point.' She promptly put it back. I would not have presumed like that. I would have thought nothing of it, and allowed the other person to get on with their business. The bag was not very heavy but it was awkward, and it would have made my shoulders ache if I had carried.
Now folks, you probably think it is 'much ado about nothing', but it is my business what I do with the damn thing. It wasn't in her way and there was a principle at stake.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Lazy cow probably wanted the trolley deposit. And she had no idea how far you had to walk to the car. Wasn't a trolley collection person was she?

Susan Ham said...

No, no trolley collections or deposits in this back water.