Saturday, August 11, 2007

Some Mother's do 'ave 'em!!

After all the rigmarole of getting the fridge delivered, the stress obviously loosened a wire in my brain, or some such. Sue came around on Thursday evening to see the new acquisition,and she sat on the lounge and I made her a coffee. She had not brought her handbag, as she was not going to the shops at that time of night. We chatted for a while, then she left. Just after that I heard music, and realized it was her phone, as I recognized the tune. I found it on the lounge, but it stopped ringing as I picked it up. This is when the wire came loose in my brain. I rang her mobile on mine to tell her she had left it here! As soon as her phone rang, I realized what I was doing and hung up. Duh! Then I rang her home phone to tell her it was here, when it rang again, and it was home calling. I wasn't sure what that meant, but told her when she answered the other call, her phone was ringing. She said he husband was calling it to see if it had dropped out in the car. She said she would come around later to pick it up.
As soon as she arrived I gave her the phone, and it rang. It was her daughter ringing to see if she had found her phone!! I was relieved to know I was not the only dimwit, and said there must be an epidemic. Sue said she had had the phone in her jacket pocket and it had obviously fallen out.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

This new fangled technology of phones without wires allows for wondrous silliness. What a laugh.

Susan Ham said...

Yes. There was a time, in the not too distant past, when something like this would have left me feeling crushed and mortified. Not any more! I just think it as a hoot!