Monday, August 06, 2007

Mad Monday.

As reported in the last post, we were to have our new fridge/freezer delivered today.I had a phone call from the company that will be delivering it, to say that it will not be delivered as promised today, but will be delivered on Wednesday. This is too ridiculous for words.My husband stayed home today, instead of going to the farm as he would have liked, just so he could help unload and install it.He will be staying down for two days tis time, which is why he won;t be here on Wednesday.I was unaware he was going to stay overnight, so had to ring the truck company in Adelaide , and they gave me the Sydney number. I spoke to a young girl and told her my dilemma, and she patched me through to the depot and I was able to speak to the same young man who had called me, and told him the problem.He said he would try to make arrangements for a truck with a hydraulic lift on it and another man. He also told me he had been in touch with the white goods company, and told them we had been inconvenienced and he was not happy. When I told him the above, he said he would send them another email, and say my 'partner' had had to take a day off work, and we are not happy at the inefficiency etc. He said they quite often have this kind of communication break down with them. He said their products are good, as he has one of their ovens, but they do not check with the carriers before they arrange delivery times.
After these shenanigans, I think I should join the circus, as I feel as though I am in one already. I have a feeling that this will not be the last you will hear of this saga dear readers. Watch this space.

No comments: