Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hoooooold, the bus!

Yesterday afternoon, Neville came in to the kitchen where I was having a cuppa and doing my accounts, and started to measure the cupboards. I nearly fell off my perch! I have mentioned that we bought a new cook top and wall oven, and that he will need to build some new cupboards to accommodate them. I thought I would be waiting years and that there would be no end of hassles in getting them done how I need them. So far, so good. He has some black laminated chip board and some pine slats that he will use. I suggested the black for the tops and he said if it looked naff, he will put laminex on the top.
We agreed the pine will be OK for the doors. I want him to build a small cupboard to put where the stove is now, and he asked what we would do with the drawers. I said they can be put in the new cupboard. He will remove the paint and stain them to match the central bench. That suits me fine. I just hope it does not take too long. This project is going to test my powers of tact and diplomacy to the max!!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

This should be interesting.