Thursday, December 14, 2006

Once again, I'm a winner!

Many years ago, when I was about eight, I spent a year and a half at Mundulla Primary School. I was there for year three and half of year four. Then I moved to another school. Mundulla is a small town six miles from here. It has the school, a general store, drapery shop, and sundry churches and houses. There is an old pub, which is heritage listed, and serves as a pub/restaurant.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought some tickets in the school concert raffle. There were twelve prizes, of various commodities. eg.a wheelbarrow full of goods, and vouchers for various things. I put the tickets in a drawer and promptly forgot about them. I never expected to win anything, anyway.
This afternoon, I was very pleasantly surprised, when a young man ( his name is Greg Young. no pun intended) rang me to inform me, I had won the 5th prize. Namely, a $75.00 voucher from the Mundulla General store.
I had to take my cat to the vet this afternoon for her booster vaccination. After I put her back inside, we drove out to the store so I could collect my voucher. I met an old school chum, Tom, and told him of my good fortune. He was very pleased for me, which was nice.
The young woman who owns the store gave me the voucher, which was in an envelope. I asked her how long I had to redeem it. She said she had no idea. She was therefore, very surprised to learn, it was her store's voucher. I curcumnavigated the store several times, it is not very big, and put a few items in my trolley. One of which was some bananas. Since there was a cyclone earlier this year in Queensland, where the banannas are mainly grown, we have not been able to afford them, as they have been over $AUD13.00 a kg. They are starting to come down in price a bit. As I was not paying for them, I thought I would buy some, as my husband loves them. I was not able to find goods tho the value of $75.00, so will have to return to redeem the remainder on the voucher.
This has made my day!

3 comments:

Hammy said...

You could have just about bought the whole town. And if you had taken your time I'm sure dad would have asked you if you, "were buying the store".

Anonymous said...

The word, congratulations doesn't seem to spring easily to people's minds,or tongues, these days. Pity.

Anonymous said...

You will be pleased to learn that the Mundulla store now does Takeaway Food

Mundulla Store Menu

borderonline