Friday, December 08, 2006

Not happy. Not happy at all!

As previously reported in this space, I have been losing it. Not my mind or the plot, but the accumulated weight of many years. I have tried many diets with limited or no success. At the beginning of September, I had a health fright, which galvanised me into action, and I had lost 6.5kgs. I was ecstatic. This was two eeks ago. I went to the clinic today to be weighed and have my BSL checked. BSL is darn near perfect at 5.3. The clinic sister checked my blood pressure, and it is darn near perfect, too. I got on the scales, after removing my skirt and sandals, only to discover to my immense disappointment, I have gained half a kilo in the last two weeks. Just as well I took off my skirt and sandals, or goodness knows what the outcome would have been! I would probably have burst into tears. The clinic nurse and my doctor were not the least bit phased, and said it is only a small hitch, and is probably due to fluid retention due to the hot weather. They were most encouraging, bless 'em, but I remain unconvinced. My doctor told me to keep plodding along.
I had received another shock earlier in the morning. My friend Sue and I were in the butcher's, and we met our computer repair man and his wife. Sue asked if he was on holiday, and he said yes, a permenant one. He did not want to broadcast the details so kept his voice low. He said he is employed somewhere else, but did not give details. This is very sudden and we are in shock.
From what he said, it sounds as though he was under a lot of pressure and got out before he went under,mentally. I hope we get someone just as competant to replace him. I wish him well as he is a very nice man.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

What are you most upset about? The weight gain or the computer expert loss? Silly question, I know.

Anonymous said...

Guess! You know the old saying, ask a silly question, and you get a silly answer.