Sunday, December 06, 2009

They call them 'chicken' patties.

This afternoon, we went to visit a friend who had invited us for a cuppa. I had a shopping jeep I had offered her, and she was very pleased to accept it, as she does not drive a car, and still walks to the shops occasionaly. I also had some other items that she will be able to use next week at church, for the Sunday School Christmas breakup party.
Before we went out, I had taken a large tray of these patties out of the freezer, so I could cook them for our tea. We had not expected to be very late, but another friend arrived with some items for our friend as well. She had some news to impart, and as she has 'the gift of the gab' it took some time to tell us all her news. I have not seen her for a long time and therefore did not know what she had been doing of late.
We arrived home about the time Neville likes to have his evening meal. I duly put the patties on to cook. They are quite large and thick through. They were still half frozen, and I thought they would take a while to cook.
Neville kept a close eye on them. It was just as well he did, as the solid hot plates are very tricky to get and keep at a temp that does not burn things.
Neville decided to cut them in half so they would cook quicker. When I had some for tea, my immediate though was, 'the closest any chicken got to these things, was when it ran past the chopping block'!
They are thickly coated in real bread crumbs, and goodness only knows what is in the centre. It does not bear thinking about. Shudder!
However, we can't waste them and Neville will take some to the farm tomorrow. He will probably have to wade through them on his own, as I don't think I could face any more.

No comments: