Friday, December 18, 2009

No, he is not a blond.

Last month, when we had an early and very uncharacteristic heatwave, I was desperate for some sort of cooler as we did not have our air con installed at that time. We were in Naracoorte and one of the electrical shops was having a sale, and they had portable air cons in the catalogue. They were nearly as expensive as the cost of having the r/c air con installed.
When we got the thing home, we could not make head nor tail of the instructions, and therefore could not get it to work properly. My friend Sue came around, and as she is very cluey about such things, she tried to get it to work. She discovered that we did not have the vents open. Red faces all around. It worked for a while, then just blew warm air out. We tried it again the next day, same result. I went in to the shop next time we were in town, a couple of weeks after I had bought it, and they said to bring it back and they would test it for us. The upshot of that is, we have a replacement unit.
Neville picked the new one up yesterday, and the reason for the title of this post is coming up folks.
Sue's nephew works there and is a very nice, helpful young chap, but he had me in stitches yesterday.
He rang me on my mobile and asked if Neville had one, so he could call him, as they needed the box so they could return the dud. he wanted to catch him before he left the town. I said he was at the farm, and asked if he knew where it was. He was confused and so was I. He then said Neville had just picked the unit up. The penny dropped, and I asked if he was in the shop. He said he was out the back, in the warehouse. I said he had better run and see if he could catch him. He said he would as soon as he got off the phone.
What baffles me is this, why did he waste time ringing me, when it would have made more sense to just dash out the back and see if he could catch Neville? Some people???


No comments: