Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Spoilt rotten!

We have had our W.A family members here for four days, as I had a birthday last week. They were not able to come over for the actual day, but that is of no consequence to me. The fact they were able to come at all is what matters.
It was a hectic four days, as there was so much we wanted to do, and see while they were here, and so much traveling to be able to do it.
They arrived on Saturday morning. It was a new experience for us to meet someone at the refurbished air terminal, and not a pleasant one. It is such a maze of roads and no signs to tell you where to go. I was not even sure if we were in the right place, as I wasn't sure if the international and domestic terminals were in the same building. They are. The flight was a little late, and I did not want to go through the metal detector in the arrivals area, as my knee would have set it off, and I do not relish being made to feel like a terrorist, which is how the security people make anyone feel who set off the alarms.
We drove over to the nursing home to visit my mother. Mark had not seen her for nearly two years. She knew who we all were, even recognising Mark with his full face beard, and was especially pleased to see Yu-Jin who is seven. Mum loves the little ones. My sister arrived and was surprised to see us, as she did not know we would be there.
On Sunday, we all traveled to Keith to have lunch to celebrate my belated birthday. My sister and her husband came from Adelaide, and my brother from here. Our daughter and her family live in Keith. We had a really nice meal and my daughter had made me a chocolate cake as I never have a birthday cake. She filled it with strawberries and cream and more of the same on the outside. For some unknown reason, I decided to make fruit salad and take it up for dessert. I had misunderstood my daughter, as I thought she said the did not serve dessert. I got myself in a bit of trouble about that! Not a big deal.The waitress asked who was the birthday person, and I told her it was me. When she brought my meal out, it had a sparkler in it. After dessert, Deb went into the kitchen and put the candles on the cake and lit them, and brought it out. Everybody sang Happy Birthday, and gave three cheers. Lovely! The children behaved beautifully, and ate all their lunch.
Mark and his family gave me a Gel wrist rest and mouse mat, a gorgeous oblong white china platter, and a foot spa. My sister gave me the most beautiful quilt that she had made. She belongs to a quilter's guild, and does exquisite work. I was absolutely blown away, as I never expected a gift, nor that I would one day own one of her lovely quilts. She also brought me her 'old' computer desk, as she has a new one. It is much bigger than the one I had, and much nicer to work on.
There is more to come, but I will finish it later.


1 comment:

Hammy said...

Terrorist indeed. Guilty conscience, eh?