Thursday, January 17, 2008

I thought it was a woman's perogative to change her mind!

On Tuesday evening last, I asked the Man About the House, how early we would be leaving to travel to Naracoorte to pick up our wool and then transport it it Edenhope to sell it. As the forecast was not for very hot weather, he said we would take our time. I suggested several times and he said there was no need to get up all that early, as we did not need to beat the heat.
At 5.45 am, I was still asleep, and he asked me if I was going to come to Naracoorte and to sell the wool. I said I thought he had indicated the night before, we did not need to get up THAT early! His excuse, the sooner we get going the sooner we get home. Men! He did have a hidden agenda though. He wanted to catch his brother before he left for work, as he wanted to give him some parsnips he had grown here. We certainly achieved that objective. His brother and his wife were not even up, when he knocked on the door. They very kindly gave me some toast and a cup of coffee when they got their own breakfast. We chatted for about an hour, then Haydn had to go to work.
We got a good price for the wool, but it would have been nicer if we had more to sell. The farm is not big enough to carry very many sheep unfortunately.
When we got back to Naracoorte, we took the trailer back to the farm and went in to have lunch at our favourite 'watering hole'.
Neville had Schnitzel, and it overlapped the plate on both sides, by about two inches! He said it was very tender. I had fish and salad. I said , if we had known how big the Schnitzel was, we could have ordered one and an extra plate, as it really was very big. Nonetheless, he made short work of it, and ate the lot.
We then did the grocery shopping and some other errands and came home. Just outside of town, there was an RBT and licence check point. When the WPC asked him to 'breath in the bag', I said it was a waste of time as he does not drink. The male officer said, "Don't drink, eh, Sir?" Neville told him he has never had a drink in his life. I don't think they believed him though.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

You mean to say that you went out to eat and actually enjoyed the meal? Wow.
How can you expect the cops to believe dad as he does have an Aussie accent and it is so un-Australian not to be an alcoholic?