Thursday, January 03, 2008

Family times

We had fun with two of our grandsons again today. Our daughter came down to do some shopping, and we took the boys to the park again. They played for a short time, and then seemed to be bored. (?) It was quite pleasant outside this morning, so I did not mind being out doors. I went across the road to the newsagent's and bought myself a puzzle book, and went back to the boys. Neville was minding them in my absence. I suggested we go to the cafe for a drink, and they thought that was A OK. I went to the car to put my camera and the puzzle book inside, and was just about to unlock the car, when Neville 'zapped' it from where he was sitting. I told him he was a smartie, and why could he not have done that when I was on my side of the car, to save my knee. He said he didn't think of it. You can only unlock the car on the driver's side.
We were heading towards the cafe, when their mother hailed me and asked me to mind the baby while she 'powdered her nose'. I said to the boys it might be nice if mum came with us to have a drink. They thought that was a great idea, so we all mosied on down to the cafe. They all had milk shakes and I had an iced coffee.
I asked Deb if Willow, who is nine months old, liked icecream. She said she sure did, and that when she has some, Willow eats half of it. I gave her some of the icecream out of my iced coffee, and she slurped it down, so I gave her a couple more. Deb said to her, "Your Nanna wants you be be awake all afternoon, it seems." I said that much coffee would not keep her awake.
We came back home after I had bought a couple of things at the super market. I bought some sausage mince and a packet of frozen pastry, so I can make some sausage rolls. I bought one for Riley at the bakery, and he had it out of the bag in the cafe next door. It is fifty cents cheaper to do it that way than ask for it with a drink. It cost $2.00, out of a bag, which I think is a bit steep.
The boys played Go Fish on my computer for a while, then Riley asked if he could watch a movie. He chose Bob the Builder. They seemed to have a good time, though Riley was a bit downcast when his mum returned, as he wanted another game on the computer. I have obviously over done it, as my knee is giving me gyp again. Have to watch that.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

I had no idea that dad's therapy for technophobia was going so well. He now feels confident enough to use a remote locking device. Fancy that?!