Thursday, September 27, 2007

What a day!

It is our 38th wedding anniversary today. Usually, we try to ignore it, as the man about the house is NOT a romantic in any way shape or form, unlike our son, who is celebrating his 10th anniversary today. http://frugalbastard.com.au. This morning however, he kissed me and wished me a happy anniversary. We went out to the local pub for lunch yesterday, as I had to fast, and it would have been too late to go in Naracoorte.
We have just arrived home, after going to Naracoorte to shop and for me to have a chest x ray and upper abdominal ultra sound. I had to fast for the latter for six hours, so was glad when it was over so I could have something to eat.
I went into Subway and was served(?) by Jen. She was so slow I nearly had to line her up with something stationary, to see if she was moving. I asked for a wheaten six inch roll. So far, so good. I then asked for turkey and if they had cranberry sauce. No, they did not have cranberry sauce. Never mind. I then asked for the roll to be toasted. She was able to manage that OK. Then she put the filling on it and I said I was having it there. We got to the check out and she proceeded to wrap it and put it in a plastic bag. I said, "Excuse me, I said I was having it here." "Oh, I thought you said you were taking it away." "No, I did not." I would also like a cappuccino please." "Would you like a cup or a mug?" "I will have a cup, thank you." She totaled it up and I paid for it. She said she would bring the coffee to my table. Dear readers, I was not surprised but annoyed,when she put a MUG in front of me! How some people get a job, let alone keep it is beyond me. Why don't they LISTEN? I suppose I should have said something, but I was too hungry and thirsty so let it slide.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

As long as you only paid for the cup. Happy anniversary - I didn't forget. Strange way to spend it though. I'm more romantic because I know what I've got. I sure dad knows but doesn't know how to show his feelings.

Susan Ham said...

I will never know about the coffee. A bunch of flowers would have gone down a treat with me too. Ah well, a girl can dream. The guy could try. How hard is it?