Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wool Away.

Last night one of us was supposed to ring a wool buyer in Horsham, in western Victoria, to ascertain if he was going to be in Edenhope, also in western Victoria, but closer to the S.A. border, to buy wool today, but we both forgot. I rang him early this morning and had to leave a message for him to call back. The man about the house sold our wool to him last year, and was very pleased with the price he got, so decided to sell it to him again this year. I did not go with Neville last year, so had not met Jim Rice, the buyer. When Jim rang me back, he sounded very nice, and I was tickled by the fact he was calling me 'love'. He said he would be at Edenhope today, and I said we would see him later in the day. He said he looked forward to meeting me.
When we got there, I got out of the car and he hailed me from the shed and said, "G'day. Are you Susan?" I said, "Yes, I am." He said "Nice to meet you." He said hullo to Neville, and as he had his dog with him, I asked what it's name was, to be told mad Maggie. I asked, "Why mad Maggie?" And he said, she loves to chase tennis balls all day. Maggie is a lovely Border Collie sheep dog.
Jim is about 45 and very friendly, so much so that he called me Suse(?) or Love all the time we were there. As we were leaving, he said to me "Nice to have met you. See you again next time." I said I hope to be a lot thinner next time, and he said I was alright as I am. He sidled up to Neville and said in a stage whisper, "Susan's the reason you got more for the wool this year. All that extra weight."
I told him he had the 'cheek of the working class'. I said to Neville it was just as well I have a great sense of humour too.
We went to the pub and had lunch when we arrived back in Naracoorte, as it was 12.30pm. Then Neville dropped me at Woolworths so I could do the shopping, and he went back out to the farm for a bit over one and a half hours.
When he returned, he took me to Target and I bought a pair of runners, as I want to try walking a bit more, though I will not be able to go far until after my op, but every bit helps in the weight loss game. I needed a good pair of shoes as the ones I wear normally, are not at all suitable for that purpose. I went to the chemist, but they did not have the item I needed, so we came home. I checked my emails after I had put the groceries away, but I was exhausted, and went to lie down after tea, and totally zonked for nearly an hour.
My friend Sue came around tonight and has just left.

No comments: