Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It is coming along nicely, thank you.

Cupboard number two is taking shape. The man about the house is doing a great job, considering he has had no formal training in carpentry. He has been experiencing a bit of trouble cutting the wood, as the bench is not level/straight. There are some very minor gaps, but I told him to paint it and if anybody says anything I will tell them they are too close. Only I am allowed to get that close to see.
It would be terrific if the stove components are installed and operational before I go in to hospital in a couple of weeks, but I am not holding my breath. All he will have to do after this one is completed is make the one to go where the present stove is, to put the drawers in and the microwave oven on. I will have plenty of space in the new cupboards to put my electrical appliances away so I can have more bench space. Speed the day!

No comments: