Monday, October 01, 2007

NOT a happy little vegemite!

For the uninitiated, Vegemite is a dark brown, yeasty,very salty spread that comes in a jar. We in OZ use it for flavouring soups and the like, and on our breakfast toast. Yum! It is however, an acquired taste. The Brits have only recently got a taste for it, and can't get enough of it. It is now being exported to Britain. It is laden with vitamins and minerals and is reputed to put a smile on the consumers faces. Hence the term, Happy Little Vegemite. It is therefore used to describe one's mood. I am not happy at the moment, because channel 9 has been bought by the television mogul who owns channel 7. This now means, all my favourite programmes are now obsolete, and have been replaced by channel seven's guff.
The Today programme has been replaced by Sunrise with David Koch and his female sidekick. Now, the only person I will miss on the Today show is Steve Jacobs, the weather man. He is funny, and refreshingly entertaining. I think he is the best weather presenter in the country. I will not miss Richard Wilkins, gossip monger extraordinaire. He is boring in the extreme and so full of his own self importance, he makes me want to throw up!
We no longer have Temptation or A Current Affair. We now have Deal or No Deal, and Today Tonight. I will watch them tonight and see if they are worth watching long term. There will no longer be my favourite C.S.I. shows. Apart from a couple of Law and Order shows on 10, and a couple of shows on ABC, there is nothing we will be watching.
I love Temptation, because I like to pit my wits against the competitors and see how many questions I can get right.
A.C.A was getting a bit beyond the pail, but they still got results for the Aussie battlers.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

I would have thought that competition laws would have stopped Channel 7 from purchasing Channel 9. Where are you getting your information from? Are you talking WIN or Prime?

Susan Ham said...

It was on the local news, and all our programmes have been changed to Seven's. This is on WIN.