Thursday, October 25, 2007

Here I am once again.

Hi folks, I have returned. I have been in hospital having had knee replacement surgery. I have been home nearly two weeks, but have not felt up to blogging until today. My leg in still a little stiff, which makes doing the exercises difficult to say the least. One must persevere, as this is the only way to loosen and strengthen the muscles.
I am still using a walking cane and am still very slow on my feet. No doubt as I improve so will my confidence. The new joint is working very well and does not hurt, but my whole leg aches so much I could scream! It is getting better, though.
We went to Naracoorte on Tuesday, to do the grocery shopping. Hadn't done a big shop for four weeks. I was not ready for such a big task, but the driver said I did not have a choice. Bah! Humbug!
I did overdo it, and my knee was swollen up like a balloon, but what the hay, he couldn't feel it.
The swelling has gone done considerably in the last two days. Thankfully.
I bought myself a new pair of shoes on Tuesday, as the old ones I have been wearing are too long, and I was afraid I would trip on them. I can not afford to fall over!
I bought a pair of Kumfs. My mother has been wearing them for years and swears by them. They are VERY expensive! I tried on a lovely pair of black ones with inlays of patent leather strips. It turned out it was crocodile skin.Yuk! I thought they were priced at $79.00. After I decided to take them, I discovered they were $179.00! Too rich for my budget. I told the sales assistant I am legally blind and did not see the one. I asked if she had any others at around the $79.00 mark. She brought out two pairs of two tone shoes. One had pale blue and cream uppers, and the other, navy and cream. I chose the navy and cream. They were half price, but still cost $87.00. Very comfortable though.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

So they aren't guilty of false advertising with the name then. Just as well, at that price.